Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Waiting Game

I am no longer handcuffed by anxiety. My heart no longer bleeds apprehension. Feelings of relief and excitement are pressed against my heart like an iron-on. I FINISHED MY APPLICATION TO MOODY TODAY!

If you know me well, you understand Moody Bible Institute is and always has been my dream school. When I was a little girl, I would curl up on my bed and pass away the night reading books about missionaries. My imagination would take me to distant lands, filling the shoes of missionary doctors and orphanage owners. Many of my favorite missionaries, such as John and Betty Stam, attended Moody Bible Institute, the oldest missionary training institution on the planet.

At eight-years-old, I decided I wanted to go to Moody too! The college that kept me daydreaming through spelling class as a second grader continues to make my spirits jump.

Twelve hours, six essays, and five reference letters later, I am keeping the dream alive. I have done everything in my power to get in to MBI, the rest is up to God. I feel completely at ease with the entire situation, something I couldn’t say about fifteen minutes ago. God is so much bigger than my crappy application and Moody’s one-fifth acceptance rate! I know He holds my future in His hands and has next year all mapped out for me!

So here I am, playing the endless waiting game. Oh, January 15th could you get here any faster?

No comments: